6 week nutrition programme
Dr Luke Wilson
Luke’s whole foods plant-based journey began after reading the groundbreaking book ‘The China Study’ by T. Colin Campbell. After following this up with his own research, and meeting renowned physician, and personal hero of his, Dr Caldwell Esselstyn Jr, when he visited New Zealand in 2010, Luke knew he had found a vocation he was truly passionate about.
Since then, Luke has studied and worked in Santa Rosa, California, as an intern for Dr John McDougall at the McDougall Health and Medical Center and also alongside Dr Michael Klaper and Dr Alan Goldhamer at the True North Health Center.
Last year Dr Luke conducted the first whole foods plant-based study of its kind in New Zealand and recently completed the T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies Certificate in Plant-Based Nutrition
Currently Luke is involved in a second New Zealand study, completing his Starch Solution Certification and publishing The 21st Century Food Course alongside friend and co-author, Craig Hagan.
Luke is a member of the New Zealand Medical Association, was New Zealand’s first member of the American College of Lifestyle Medicine, and has experience helping hundreds of people transform their lives by adopting a whole foods plant-based lifestyle.
Along with Dr Luke, Thrive Pilates will fully support your decision to take on this 6-week programme. Here are some of the ways we will do this:
- Weekly online (Skype) consultations with Dr Luke
- Initial blood pressure and pulse check by Anna at Thrive Pilates
- Initial weigh in by Anna at Thrive Pilates (optional)
- Weekly blood pressure checks at Thrive Pilates
- E-book detailing the 6-week programme
- Endless recipe inspiration from Dr Luke and Thrive Pilates
6-week, 21st century course contents
Looking good, Feeling great
How your mind and body benefit with whole-foods from plants.
- Week 1 – Energy
- Week 2 – Weight
- Week 3 – Appearance
- Week 4 – Mind
- Week 5 – Muscle and Performance
- Week 6 – Sex
The truth about the most attention-seeking ingredients.
- Week 1 – Sugar
- Week 2 – Salt
- Week 3 – Oil
- Week 4 – Avocado and Coconut
- Week 5 – Nuts, Seeds, and Dried Fruits
- Week 6 – Chocolate
Changing It Up
Substitutes, replacements and better Ingredients.
- Week 1 – Processed Foods
- Week 2 – Milk
- Week 3 – Oil and Eggs
- Week 4 – Meat
- Week 5 – Cheese
- Week 6 – Treats
Planting the Seed
Tips, tricks and hacks to make your journey with plants simple and sweet.
- Week 1 – Time, Energy, and Money Savers
- Week 2 – Small Meals (The Artist Formerly Known As Snacks)
- Week 3 – Dining Out
- Week 4 – Social Occasions
- Week 5 – Travel
- Week 6 – The Foodinator
Your Plant-Based Planet
How what you eat can positively impact your environment.
- Week 1 – Local, Organic, and Environmental Foods
- Week 2 – Livestock
- Week 3 – Water
- Week 4 – Climate Change
- Week 5 – Our Oceans
- Week 6 – Where’s All The Food?
Legends of the Leaf
Epic Tales of people, places and the food they eat.
- Week 1 – Warriors
- Week 2 – Celebrities
- Week 3 – Blue Zones
- Week 4 – Thinkers
- Week 5 – Prehistoric People
- Week 6 – Athletes